This is A WORLD OUT OF MIND, my Online Journal where I explore Consciousness and the Ultimate Nature of Reality by the intentional alteration of my own belief structures, using Salvia Divinorum and additional self-altering meditational techniques drawn from Western Ceremonial Magic.

I always attempt to adhere to the scientific method as much as possible in my explorations, and while I often speak of these experiences as if I knew they were Truth, I always consider the alternative, that it is merely self-deception on my part, and think accordingly. Thus I maintain two parallel world views at once, one aspirational and one a safe fallback into standard materialism.

The more I journey into salviaspace, the more I think the former worldview is the correct one, but there is no objective way to prove that to the world, so I'll let you, the reader, decide for yourselves.

-Saint Brian the Godless

Follow me on Twitter @AWorldOutOfMind



Monday, October 19, 2020

Selecting the Next Moment Universe out of the many possible ones (as I believe we do all the time)

(A very brief post. It's been a very long time, sorry. I will post here sporadically as I feel able to. Things that I think have significance.) 

 

One thing I did recently. Took my salvia, then meditated. Listened to sound of running air conditioner. I get super-calm and silent inside and my ability to "pay attention" just becomes astounding, like a laser, but also aware of all peripheral sounds, tiny noises etc. So I analyze the sound and it's many sounds combined. Among them is a very faint high-pitched whine. I concentrated on that whine, and only on that whine. I really managed to only hear the whine. And it got louder, and louder, **in the real world.** It got so loud that I decided to listen instead for the silence, the normal sound, to listen for a nearby place where it wasn't screaming loud. And I found it, and the actual noise went down back to normal, exactly as I was "willing" it to. So then, I re-ran the experiment, again listening for the whine, hearing it etc, and YET AGAIN I got the AC to whine like a bastard, and once again I stopped it, as before. I could feel what I was doing. I was hearing not only events in my timeline, but in many such, but the more different they were than my main ones, the less I could hear them, and only the stillness of salvia let me hear the really different one where my AC was making noise. I've had other things happen in the past, many such things, that could be explained in this way. I really think this might be a real thing. 

 

 "If you lived forever and there was nothing else but you but you had a very good imagination, in an eternity of time, how good could your imagination get? How realistic? Could such a being, or would it at some point, subsume itself into it's own imagination so that perhaps eventually, in the utterly realistic minds of it's imaginings, a role-reversal would occur and they would not be able to tell that they are really the eternal dream of one eternal being."

19 comments:

  1. Yes I know this. I now am learning to wear ear plugs as I walk around so as not to tack into the current sounds; I prefer my birth year and up unto 1980 because my brother died again and from there I don’t write at all anymore I get persecuted for the reality I know and testify. Have you investigated Rune Stones for meditation with herbs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see you writing up some new stuff!

    "I really think this might be a real thing. "

    Maybe as an experiment, set up a video or audio recording and see if you can make a similar thing happen on command and actually get it recorded?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good idea. I'll have to try it sometime when I feel better. Right now I'm taking a little break. It can bother my lungs sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you considered trying a desktop convection vaporizer?

      There are a few that seem to work well - at least with plain leaf - such as the e-nano. I have a 15-year old desktop vaporizer that I've been using successfully.

      Mine isn't as good and efficient for salvia as the e-nano, but it works. No harshness on the lungs or throat unless I accidentally burn the leaf by inhaling too slowly. And the e-nano can be attached to a water bubbler to make it even smoother.

      I haven't tried an extract yet, and I haven't read any reports using extracts, but I could try some as an experiment. With plain leaf, I can take a couple hits back-to-back if needed to fully get 'there'. But I'm usually not trying to achieve a 50x depth.

      You can probably find several threads on various boards about using vapes with salvia, but there was a pretty good one on the dmt-nexus about a year ago at https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=83669.

      Delete
  4. It's more than that. I think it's hitting my vagus nerve. Thing is, it's the effect of the salvia, not the physical irritation. I can tell because the next day I still feel an inner "buzz" and inner light effects that are peculiar to salvia for me. They disturb my vagus nerve somehow, causing nausea, even minor shortness of breath. However, I think I got the culprit. I apparently am lactose intolerant and I drink a lot of milk. So I stopped. And now it's gone away and I can smoke again. Tried it last night, some slight bad effects today but barely any. I think I'll be okay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good catch!

    I have a slightly off-topic question. Have you noticed any reverse tolerance? Can you smoke less now than say a year or two ago to get to the same depth? It seems everyone likes to say there is a reverse tolerance, but I'm not sure I agree that there is one. Maybe when one first starts using salvia, but I think it levels off quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did the effects get stronger? No. Then again I learned to counter them mentally as I grew with the experiences. Took me over 5 years to be able to stop a bad trip.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard of reverse tolerance with MJ but not SD before.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice. Reminds me of the line from Twin Peaks: The Return.

    "We are like The Dreamer who dreams. And then lives inside the dream. But... who is The Dreamer?"

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IA2FtOkTPn4

    ReplyDelete
  9. I get the strong impression that I am the dreamer and the dream. Don't know how that works, but I'm the only one that can possibly fool me that well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. #metoo! So how can we both be The Dreamer? Whatever is going on is somehow beyond the realm of logic, I'm sure. Perhaps we are both aspect so the same thing/source? If you listen closely to that guy talking in the video, he says "Both teams play for the same HEAD" which sounds to me like a mind dreaming. Which reminds me of this trippy salvia-esque music video:

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmozGmGoJuw

      Delete
    2. Ugh, typo. Both aspects of the same thing/source.

      Delete
  10. WOW just what I was searching for. Came here by searching for %keyword%

    ReplyDelete
  11. To be honest the only logical way we can be both the dreamer and the dream is if we are all aspects of one primal consciousness (I avoid the term "god") that has divided itself into the many for some reason, and we are all aspects of it.

    Or, solipsism. None of you really exist and I'm here truly deluding myself. More mathematically probable. I don't like it, but it is the most likely. Solipsism, I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  12. After all, creating all of you is the best possible way to convince myself that I'm not really all alone in the universe.

    I've sensed this on salvia at least twice. The agony of the prime consciousness due to loneliness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How is this really different than the first option, though? So is the "you" identity with its however-many years of experience in this life the entirety of YOU? If not, than there is a greater "you" with more knowledge and experience that you are not aware of. So the "Saint Brian" who is writing this is really no different than any of the other figments of that Big Brian's imagination.

      Delete
  13. “All the philosophical theories that exist have been created by the mistaken dualistic minds of human beings. In the realm of philosophy, that which today is considered true, may tomorrow be proved to be false. No one can guarantee a philosophy's validity. Because of this, any intellectual way of seeing whatever is always partial and relative. The fact is that there is no truth to seek or to confirm logically; rather what one needs to do is to discover just how much the mind continually limits itself in a condition of dualism.

    Dualism is the real root of our suffering and of all our conflicts. All our concepts and beliefs, no matter how profound they may seem, are like nets which trap us in dualism."

    - Chögyal Namkhai Norbu

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete