This is A WORLD OUT OF MIND, my Online Journal where I explore Consciousness and the Ultimate Nature of Reality by the intentional alteration of my own belief structures, using Salvia Divinorum and additional self-altering meditational techniques drawn from Western Ceremonial Magic.

I always attempt to adhere to the scientific method as much as possible in my explorations, and while I often speak of these experiences as if I knew they were Truth, I always consider the alternative, that it is merely self-deception on my part, and think accordingly. Thus I maintain two parallel world views at once, one aspirational and one a safe fallback into standard materialism.

The more I journey into salviaspace, the more I think the former worldview is the correct one, but there is no objective way to prove that to the world, so I'll let you, the reader, decide for yourselves.

-Saint Brian the Godless

Follow me on Twitter @AWorldOutOfMind



Saturday, September 20, 2014

A Few New Meditations (and one trip report that was different)

Wednesday, December 11, 2013
A FEW NEW MEDITATIONS and one trip report that was different...

First, last night, meditating as usual, sitting upright in a chair this time.

I find myself seemingly pressed up against a flat surface. No, wait, I seem to be a part of that flat surface, seem to be involved with it somehow. No, more like my face is pressed up against it, but somehow at the same time I can see it like it's several feet away. It’s not like a membrane this time. (Not the first time I’ve encountered such flat surfaces)

This time it is like a wall. And the wall has a pattern to it. It seems to consist of hexagonal cells, not unlike a honeycomb. My first thought was “chicken wire!”

The wall itself seemed a neutral color, maybe a beige-ish, but the pattern had a glassy whitish-clear sheen to it. It was shining. Not so much glowing, as shining. It was extraordinarily regular and showed no deformed hexagons. It was as regular as if made by a machine, and by that I mean nothing except as a comment as to its extreme symmetry. I could see the diagonal lines intersecting at 60 degrees that were formed by the coincidence of their edges, and they were very straight lines.

So that was interesting. Since I’d never seen it before, something in the back of my mind alerted me that it was a new phenomenon, and I pulled myself out of salvia space by repeating the words “chicken wire” out loud, over and over, so as to keep the memory of it with me.

Second, a few new meditations!

NEW MEDITATIONS

The Candy Bar

(This sounds rather silly, if I may say so myself, but it's worth doing)

Sit as usual, calm the mind, and eat a bite of your favorite candy bar or favorite food, preferably I think with nuts, as protein seems to be part of this. It needs to be something that you really find delicious.

Continue eating. Finish it.

As you do this, concentrate on the sensation of tasting it. Of eating it. Of all of your bodily sensations as you chew it and swallow it, piece by piece.

When I did this last night, just thinking to have a snack right after a trip and then turning it into a meditation, I could see a distinct reddish glow starting in my mouth as I tasted it and spreading rapidly (and concentrically, oddly enough) throughout my body, and I felt that glow as well. It was almost like a head rush, but more of a “body rush,” I think.

I could see it spread throughout the black sparkling void that is my body as a reddish glow, and I could feel that glow tingling as it spread.

It was like you could feel pure energy being absorbed into the body, and not the mere taste and absorption of food.


Head Sense

This is pretty basic, but it is fun in the sense that it reminds you that you even have a body, while you’re in salvia space.

In meditation with salvia, lower your head and hold it in your hands. Explore your scalp and all around your head, front to back with your hands, especially the back. Now, sense your mind inside of the head that you are holding. Note how your mind, your brain, exists only between your hands, but your hands seem to partake of that consciousness; indeed seem to be equally conscious.

This, and the next meditation are very interesting meditations in that they force you to consider your physical body while in a state where it is very difficult to do so. I also get a real visual sense of my hands touching my head, which is interesting when you consider that I'm seeing them as reddish-black umbras, even at the back of my head. It's a novel thing to seem to be seeing out of the back of your head.


Self-Embrace

Similar to the above, but this time more like ‘body sense.’
Sitting in meditation, fold your arms across your chest, hands underneath. Grasp your own body at the sides of your chest with thumbs on chest. Feel the sensation of holding your own body as if from outside. Alternately you can hold your own body at the sides with thumbs in.
Like the above, this gets interesting, in that while you can feel your head, or your body,
it doesn’t feel like that body is the physical limit of your mind, or at least not to me. You almost need your hands to even tell where your body actually is.

No comments:

Post a Comment