This is A WORLD OUT OF MIND, my Online Journal where I explore Consciousness and the Ultimate Nature of Reality by the intentional alteration of my own belief structures, using Salvia Divinorum and additional self-altering meditational techniques drawn from Western Ceremonial Magic.

I always attempt to adhere to the scientific method as much as possible in my explorations, and while I often speak of these experiences as if I knew they were Truth, I always consider the alternative, that it is merely self-deception on my part, and think accordingly. Thus I maintain two parallel world views at once, one aspirational and one a safe fallback into standard materialism.

The more I journey into salviaspace, the more I think the former worldview is the correct one, but there is no objective way to prove that to the world, so I'll let you, the reader, decide for yourselves.

-Saint Brian the Godless

Follow me on Twitter @AWorldOutOfMind



Saturday, September 20, 2014

Sphericality




Saturday, November 30, 2013


Sitting in meditation, late at night.

A shift in perception, a disorientation.

An infinite emptiness starred with spherical bubbles of reality. At the center of each bubble I sit in meditation, fully aware of the world around me. My sense of self is equally present in all of them. Equally present, "I" am in each one. Each bubble is a spherical distortion of the room around me with me in it, a spherical-lens effect in three dimensions.

(See spherical lens effect picture above for an idea of how each of these looked)(Now imagine many, many such spheres, perhaps an infinite number of them, scattered evenly through an empty space, a void, each an entire reality compressed by spherical distortion into a round bubble floating with a multitude of other such bubbles as if frozen in a perfectly clear glass of carbonated water, only all the same size and distributed evenly throughout the clear matrix)

I am present in each one. I sit at the center of each one. There I am. And there. And there too…

I am Legion. Or at any rate, I'm a crowd.

In each, the whole world is wrapped around me in compressed spherical distortion. In each, I sit. In each, I feel my weight pressing down on me as I usually do in this planet’s gravity well. Only I feel it many times over, all at once. I am equally "in" each sphere. My very sense of self, is in each sphere. No only multiple visual and sound impressions, but even multiple kinesthetic sensations of my own body weight. I am no longer in one room; I am in many, many rooms, all at the same time, with no way to even determine which, if any, was my original reality. They are all equally real to me.

Yes, I feel multiple sensations of my own weight pressing down against my bed, so complete is the effect. What I’m really feeling I think, is one sensation of my own body weight, as sensed through multiple minds all working in parallel somehow. There also seems to be some kind of "Overmind" that is outside of all of this, observing the whole.

This "Overmind" is somehow also me.

Wow.

Somehow I am in each bubble, but I am also outside of them all, looking at (and somehow also directly sensing) all of them from an external perspective. And somehow, for some reason, I find this important.

As I start to come out of it, the sensations dissolve into something even more bizarre: Fragments of me and the room around me scattered all around, as if the hologram were broken and each fragment holds an impression of the whole, this somehow still mixed with the multiple spheres effect. The room is like a Funhouse Hall of Mirrors, but they’re all fragments of mirrors, some distorting and some reflecting true images of fragments of me and the room around me.

So there’s that. This seemed to be a more “deep” version of the “tiles” effect where I see multiple tiles or panes as if in a window, with myself and the room around me showing in each pane. In this version I got a much clearer view of the room around me, as if seen from a floating viewpoint, while also seeing it from my usual viewpoint at the same time, only multiplied; and also it was much more sensually immersive.

I felt my own weight, but I felt it in many multiple “locations” in a void, all at once.

That was different.

No comments:

Post a Comment