This is A WORLD OUT OF MIND, my Online Journal where I explore Consciousness and the Ultimate Nature of Reality by the intentional alteration of my own belief structures, using Salvia Divinorum and additional self-altering meditational techniques drawn from Western Ceremonial Magic.

I always attempt to adhere to the scientific method as much as possible in my explorations, and while I often speak of these experiences as if I knew they were Truth, I always consider the alternative, that it is merely self-deception on my part, and think accordingly. Thus I maintain two parallel world views at once, one aspirational and one a safe fallback into standard materialism.

The more I journey into salviaspace, the more I think the former worldview is the correct one, but there is no objective way to prove that to the world, so I'll let you, the reader, decide for yourselves.

-Saint Brian the Godless

Follow me on Twitter @AWorldOutOfMind



Saturday, September 20, 2014

I Touched Eternity

Friday, November 8, 2013

I Touched Eternity

This one is hard to talk about. Hard to put into words. Language cannot convey the totality of the experience.

Last night, 100X, meditating...

I awaken to the truth. I awaken to the fact that all that we perceive, including our bodies, is a dream. I directly sense that my surroundings, the air that I breathe, everything, is a sea of pure consciousness, or something very much like consciousness. It interpenetrates me; it is me. I can see it, feel it, touch it.

The experience, had I been someone that was inclined toward religion, would have been a life-altering one, so profound was it.

It just hit me. The awareness of awareness. I could see the air around me as a glowing cloud of sparkling energy, my body as another one, embedded in it like bubble, isolated and yet part of it. I could feel the air as if it were charged with static electricity, the hum of my body answering it in kind. I felt contact with the mind that is all that there is. Direct perception of it.

I felt it. I sensed it, an eternal field of pure awareness, awareness that we partake of and share in, but are not the cause of.

It causes us.

My "I AM" is the same "I AM" that is all that there is. We all share it, but we mostly believe that it is unique to us as individuals. No. Not true. I've seen it now, and it's just not true. We are not individuals. We are facets of One Mind that have developed the complexity to come to believe that we are not.

We are also a lot more than what we believe that we are. Much more complex, more intelligent, more busy. We just can't access the majority of who we are while we're living our normal life in this dream that we share. The part of our patterns that we use to live it are simply not sufficient to hold all that we are. We only have access to "the rest of our minds" through intuitions, through inspirations, through dreams. However, the more we are focused on this life, the less we can pay attention to such subtleties.

Thus, we have "Higher Selves." We forget them, though. We're too focused on this dream to remember our true reality, which utterly transcends it in complexity. We're too "small" here to be able to perceive them. Too limited by what we are while involved in this reality.

Last night, I directly perceived the Great Mind that thinks us all up and plays with us, like we would play with a character in a video game.

I could sense why our expectations create the reality that we perceive around us. We create patterns of consciousness inside our minds that resonate with our surroundings. Our minds interface with the One Mind in some way. It's almost like harmonic resonance, like a vibrating tuning fork causing another one to also vibrate over a distance.

My "I AM" is eternal; the character that I play is not. It will dissolve in death, but my "I AM" will remain the same, since it is not really mine in the first place. It does not belong to me; I belong to it.

Last night, I touched eternity. I saw it for what it is. Clearly, and with no doubt in my mind of what I was seeing. It was presented to me in such a way that to doubt it was not an option.

It is not a deity; it transcends the concept of "deity". It is far greater than that. Deities are what we think up to explain the unknown, and so they always partake of our nature. This is not something that we could think up. To compare it to a god would cheapen it. It is all gods, all concepts, all thoughts, all people, all universes. And it is aware of us.

Because if it wasn't, we would not exist. All that we are is it's awareness of us. That's what we're made of. We are thoughts in it's mind, and nothing more.

I am awed.

No comments:

Post a Comment