This is A WORLD OUT OF MIND, my Online Journal where I explore Consciousness and the Ultimate Nature of Reality by the intentional alteration of my own belief structures, using Salvia Divinorum and additional self-altering meditational techniques drawn from Western Ceremonial Magic.

I always attempt to adhere to the scientific method as much as possible in my explorations, and while I often speak of these experiences as if I knew they were Truth, I always consider the alternative, that it is merely self-deception on my part, and think accordingly. Thus I maintain two parallel world views at once, one aspirational and one a safe fallback into standard materialism.

The more I journey into salviaspace, the more I think the former worldview is the correct one, but there is no objective way to prove that to the world, so I'll let you, the reader, decide for yourselves.

-Saint Brian the Godless

Follow me on Twitter @AWorldOutOfMind



Saturday, September 20, 2014

Profoundly Deep State

Saturday, December 21, 2013
Profoundly Deep State

Night before last, sitting on bed meditating, 100X.

I reach a very deep state of meditation, deeper than any before. I feel like a field, like a mist; my body is nowhere to be found. I have no body. I am this vibrating field of energy, hovering above my bed.

This state remains unchanged for over an hour. I didn't even feel the time pass. How I remained in this state for so long when inhaled salvia smoke only produces an effect that lasts about twenty minutes is beyond me. It was a state of bliss. I remember wishing that it was my natural state, that I felt like that all the time.

My mind is diffused; I can still think but it feels like my whole being is thinking rather than just my mind, or that my mind is my whole being.

My thoughts are foreign. The way in which my mind is thinking is foreign to me. I am not thinking like a human. It's far more complex. More involved. And I seem to have all the time I need in this state. More time than ever before.

I feel at home in this state, as if it were just as natural as my normal waking mind, perhaps more natural even.

My mind seems to be integrated with the room around me. As if I am using my surroundings as part of my mind. As if the room is thinking with me.

I feel a sense of control, a sense of sureness, of certainty, of confidence.

My wife is sleeping peacefully next to me. I have not moved a finger in an hour. My body is so still that I forget it exists.

I think of her, sleeping there two feet away. I decide, I make a decision.

I send a wave, a ripple, a warp in reality, at the recumbent form of my wife, to awaken her. Why not?

I see it, a fold in space, whip out from me, from my whole body, and impact upon my sleeping wife.

She immediately starts awake, as I absolutely knew that she would. Fully awake. We talk. She has no idea what woke her up.

I seem to be gaining more control. Question is, over what exactly?

What does this mean? There is a mystery here, and I have no idea how to solve it. I am accomplishing something that is considered absolutely impossible in this world by almost everybody, and I am doing it with more and more regularity. It's becoming routine.

And yet, what is going on? How is it accomplished?

In a universe of matter and energy and space and time, this is not possible. It cannot happen in that kind of place.

Thought can have no control over inert matter. No effect. In such a material reality, my thoughts or visions have no way in which to affect the thoughts of another person, no way to create the necessary physical or energetical changes in dendrite firing or axon transmission. In a purely physical reality, this cannot be.

So this is not that kind of universe.

More and more it becomes apparent and obvious that this place is a dream, or more accurately a communal dreamlike state.

How else can this be happening? How else could this work?

I am not certain of course, but I don't think that there is another way, another possibility.

How else could this happen?

Additional Information:
(added same day, December 21st)

I thought of some additional details to this experience that I thought might be important.

During the meditation I had my eyes closed at first and then open well before I decided to awaken my wife. At that point the room was clearly visible, but everything was unreal, like a dream, not like regular reality. I knew that it was reality, but it had the qualities of a dream. Everything was composed of shimmering energy. I felt in control as if it were a lucid dream in which I had mastered the experience. It frankly felt unreal, but real at the same time.

When your eyes are closed you seem to see a space in your head; consider this inner space your "Inner Viewscreen" if you will, on which you imagine things, on (or in) which you normally visualize things in your regular day-to-day life.
During the latter part of this experience I felt that everything, both what was inside my head in that inner space and what I had heretofore considered outside of my head which I normally perceived only with my senses, were both equally inside of my head, both on that "Inner Viewscreen" of the imagination, melded together seamlessly somehow, with little demarcation between them. Both seemed equally imaginary, so much so that in fact I was for a short while somewhat bothered by the fact that I had actually awakened my wife as I had planned, because it seemed to prove her, and everything else for that matter, to be all just figments of my imagination, in the worst solipsistic sense possible.

However, as Monty Python said, "I got better!"

No comments:

Post a Comment