This is A WORLD OUT OF MIND, my Online Journal where I explore Consciousness and the Ultimate Nature of Reality by the intentional alteration of my own belief structures, using Salvia Divinorum and additional self-altering meditational techniques drawn from Western Ceremonial Magic.

I always attempt to adhere to the scientific method as much as possible in my explorations, and while I often speak of these experiences as if I knew they were Truth, I always consider the alternative, that it is merely self-deception on my part, and think accordingly. Thus I maintain two parallel world views at once, one aspirational and one a safe fallback into standard materialism.

The more I journey into salviaspace, the more I think the former worldview is the correct one, but there is no objective way to prove that to the world, so I'll let you, the reader, decide for yourselves.

-Saint Brian the Godless

Follow me on Twitter @AWorldOutOfMind



Saturday, September 20, 2014

Hyperdimensionality

Monday, November 11, 2013

Hyperdimensionality


Last night, 100X, meditating...

Wow, I thought other things that I experience on salvia were hard to put into words. This one's a doozy.

I was holding my hands together at first, fingers clasped tightly. Very tightly. Focused on the tension, on my hands. I imagined the two sides of my body (divided vertically down the center) were each me, each a reflection one of the other, holding hands with itself. Then a perspective shift, and I changed to a two-dimensional vertical "sheet" with no width.

And then it got interesting.

I was contemplating a space, a volume of space, in my mind. Eyes closed.

I've been thinking about how to say this for hours, and there's no good way, so I'll just fumble along and try my best here.

My perspective on the volume of space that I was contemplating internally shifted. It only happened for a few seconds, perhaps ten or so.

The volume of space that I was contemplating suddenly shifted to a hyperdimensional space.

What do I mean by that?

Well, it had length, width, depth, _____, _____, _____, _____, (and so on)
(we have no names for these extra dimensions)

What I mean is, just as you and I both can imagine a two-dimensional space (say a square) being extended into three dimensions (becoming a cube), the volume of space that I was visualizing in my mind started off as a normal three-dimensional space and then shifted, and was extended into further dimensions, all at once. It had more than three spatial dimensions. More than four. Hard to say, but I'd say at least eight to possibly ten or more.

In my normal mind now, I can no longer picture them other than vaguely. What I do have however, is a crystal-clear memory of being able to picture them, and it boggled my mind at the time. I remember the wonder of it. I was not in my normal mind. My mind was different, vastly expanded, and in that state visualizing hyperdimensional spaces was child's play. It was easy, even natural.

Now you may say that since I can't visualize them well now, they must have not been real, I must have merely been imagining that I could see them.

No. For a while after I snapped myself out of the trance, I could still visualize them, as they faded away. I was utterly lucid, so much so that I even was aware enough to think about how I would describe them here to my readers. And I can't. Not really. Hell, I can't even describe them to myself.

All I can say is, I could visualize additional spatial dimensions, as easily as I normally can visualize three. Many of them at once. It was like a different king of length, creating a different kind of volume. Like as if all points of a cube were extended in a different, normally invisible direction. And then again. And again. And again.

How certain am I that I actually was somehow temporarily capable of imagining hyperdimensional space? As sure of it as I am of my name. There was precisely zero doubt. There could not be. It was so clear, so easy to see. And yet now, to describe it in any real way is impossible.

Now in my mind this raises a question: How in hell can a human mind, in any state of intoxication, in any chemical haze, in any kind of a state of stupor, taking any kind of drug, visualize that?

Why would my mind be capable of that? Even in my imagination, even in my deepest subconscious, how could my mind make that up? There is no frame of reference for something like that. It's beyond human experience, and hence beyond human imagination.

The fact that I managed, with no forethought, to visualize a hyperdimensional space, is a proof of sorts. A proof that this substance is no mere hallucinogen.

Something is happening here. And it's not in the realm of anything that should be possible by altering my perceptions, because it's not something that I can imagine even existing anywhere in my mind.

Not in a biological mind at any rate.

My consciousness expands while on salvia; it becomes something vast and almost daunting in scope. It's not the normal me. It's me-plus. Me plus a whole lot.

I should not be able to do this. It should not be possible, regardless of substances taken.

I'm starting to give credence to the idea of an Augoeides. I'm starting to think that the idea of the "Higher Self" is real. I never thought that it was, and never gave it much thought beyond that before, but here it is staring me in the face in a way that I can't deny.

I wish that I could show you what a hyperdimensional space looks like. I wish that I could describe it to you somehow beyond this meager attempt.

But I can't. All I can do is assure you that somehow, it is possible for the human mind to perceive it.

And to perceive it, is to be amazed.

No comments:

Post a Comment